Can I get involved? YES. We would be delighted to tell you more about joining one of our teams – ‘welcome’ is our facial expression.
Make a small commitment and have a big impact. Would you like to have greater involvement? If so, there is always room for new faces in the following areas:
- Coffee after services
- Parish visitors and wrap around care
- Online service production team
- Family support
- Gardening and building support
- Special events
- Forest church
- Eco Group
- CONTACT OUR ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON ANY OF THE ABOVE: email@example.com
All are equal here – Be visible and be accepted simply for who you are.
Working in the wider community
- Care Van – The Care Van takes food and provisions to the homeless on the streets of Edinburgh. As well as active involvement with the work of the Care Van, the congregation give generously whenever a need is highlighted – for warm clothes, sleeping bags etc.
- CARTA- Committee on Church Art and Architecture – A number of people within the congregation support the work of the Committee on Church Art and Architecture. This body has been charged with advising congregations about how to make church buildings designed for worship and witness in the past fit for the same purposes in the present, while respecting their distinctive character.
- Christian Aid – Both centres are actively involved with Christian Aid. In addition to the annual Christian Aid week collections we adopt a specific Christmas project which will provide aid to the developing world. Individual groups within the Church also arrange their own fund raising events for Christian Aid.
- Corstorphine Dementia Project – Members of the congregation have been involved with this project since it was set up in 1991.
- Eco-Congregation – We are a highly motivated Eco-Congregation offering tips to the congregation and the wider community. As a result of our activity, we have been awarded two levels of accreditation as an Eco-Congregation. Link available?
- Fair Trade – We are a fair trade congregation and run initiatives throughout the year.
- Fresh Start – Members of our congregation work with other churches on Fresh Start, to help homeless people get the opportunity to make a success of their new life.
- Friends of Chegoria Hospital (Kenya) – The congregation raises funds to support the work of Chegoria Hospital – a Christian centre of Excellence offering healthcare services and training.
- Shoebox Appeal –The congregation and organisations are involved annually with Operation Christmas Child Shoebox appeal.